Why and how we collect personal information
When you provide personal information via PTC’s website (apply.ptc.com.ph), personally appearing in any of our offices for application, taking part in any of PTC’S research or surveys, or by any other method, PTC collects information enabling PTC to provide the user the opportunities for maritime career advancement.
In particular, PTC uses the information provided to:
- 1.) Assess capabilities and experience and match it with the requirements of PTC’s principals;
- 2.) Determine necessary trainings and certificates needed for employment
- 3.) Share the personal data/s to subsidiaries of PTC that may provide a more convenient and better maritime service categorized into the following:
- a. Marine Management
- b. Education and Professional Development
- c. Healthcare
- d. Offshore Management
- e. Property Development
- f. Microfinance
- g. Family Care Programs
- h. Travel
- i. Logistics
The information includes, but not limited to the following:
- 1.) Basic personal information (e.g. your name, date of birth, gender, address);
- 2.) Contact details (e.g. email address, mobile phone number, telephone number);
- 3.) Government Id’s (e.g. SSS, Philhealth, Pag-ibig, TIN);
- 4.) Bank and allotment details;
- 5.) Latest service record;
- 6.) Latest land based employment information;
- 7.) Competency and Proficiency information;
- 8.) Training information;
- 9.) Seaman’s book information;
- 10.) Passport information; and
- 11.) Visa Information
The confidentiality and security of your information is important to us. All information captured by PTC is stored securely at all times and will not be provided to any unauthorized third parties. We also put in effect safeguards such as:
- 1.) Keeping your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption, and security controls;
- 2.) Restricting access to your information to qualified and authorized personnel;
- 3.) Using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to establish encryption link between a web server and a browser ensuring your information remain private and integral.
- 4.) Your information may continue to be stored, processed and/or shared for five (5) years from the conclusion of your last transaction with any member of the PTC Group or until the expiration of the retention limits set by applicable law, whichever comes later.
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records; or you think that such information we have of you is incomplete, not-up-to-date, or otherwise inaccurate, you may get in touch with our data privacy officer through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Revisions to policy
This policy is reviewed regularly and may be revised from time to time, as we alter the way we use your information, or new features are added to the site or the legislation changes. Please check the policy periodically for updates and additions.
Let us know how we can be of service to you.